- George Beahm with the Forks Chamber of Commerce, Twilight Tours: An Illustrated Guide to the REAL Forks, 2009.
- Susan Colleen Browne, Little Farm in the Foothills: A Boomer Couple's Search for the Slow Life, 2009.
- David C. Dykstra, Lake Washington 130 Homes: A Guided Tour of the Lake's Most Magnificent Homes, 2009.
- Kurt Hoetling, The Circumference of Home: One Man's Yearlong Quest for a Radically Local Life, 2010.
- Lloyd Kahn, Builders of the Pacific Coast, 2008.
- Lawrence Kreisman and Glenn Mason, The Arts and Crafts Movement in the Pacific Northwest, 2007 (don't miss this wonderful exhibit at the Washington State History Museum, August 7 - November 28).
- Craig Romano, Columbia Highlands: Exploring Washington's Last Frontier, 2007
- Ann Leda Shapiro, My Island, 2009.
- John Skewes and Robert Schwartz, Seattle ABC, 2009.
Tuesday, June 29, 2010
State Library Announce Summer Book Selections
The Washington State Library compiles dozens of interesting book lists, perhaps none more so than State Librarian Jan Walsh's seasonal reads. To jump-start summer (assuming we actually get summer this year), she's chosen nine books on the theme "Washington as Place." You can read Jan's comments on each book here. The full list: